Open Broadcaster Software is free and open source software for video recording and live streaming.
Supported features include:
- Encoding using H264 (x264) and AAC.
- Support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVENC.
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources.
- Live RTMP streaming to Twitch, YouTube, DailyMotion, Hitbox, and custom server addresses.
- File output to MP4 or FLV.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming.
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc).
- Windows 8 high speed monitor capture support.
- Bilinear or lanczos3 resampling
- good interface
- cross platform support
- open source
- feature rich
- custom FPS and resolution
- access to advanced settings
- easy on CPU and GPU
- minimal lag
- Designed for gaming (or black midi)
- built in audio recorder (microphone or soundcard)
- web cam recording
- No indicators to tell you if you are recording
- Adding sources for recording isn't intuitive
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.