BASSMIDI Tester is a program that utilizes the BASS/BASSMIDI driver, which are to be both downloaded separately from the "Bass" section on Un4seen. It is one of the lightweight programs that lags the least, although it does not have many options in terms of playback. However, it is possible to choose a soundfont to play a MIDI in. It is also one of the programs that uses the least RAM. With the 4 GB RAM patch it can play upwards of 400 million notes.
It is downloadable here: http://www.un4seen.com/download.php?bassmidi24 (download will start automatically)
New version with Voice Limit raised to 500 and has automatic voice limit dropping: http://www.un4seen.com/stuff/miditest.exe
Pros and ConsEdit
- Less lag than most MIDI Players
- Does not need a MIDI Driver
- Choice of soundfont
- Can change the tempo speed
- Works with most Windows versions (Windows 95/98 and later)
- Takes a long time to open extremely big MIDIs
- Options are limited
- Crashes with some MIDIs (?)
- Doesn't work without BASS.dll and BASSMIDI.dll which are to be downloaded separate
- Autoplay can't be disabled
- Voice Limit cannot be changed (old version limited to 100, new version limited to 500)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.